Welcome to ClickCan.com!
Our site provides useful links regarding Canadan business, economy, computer & internet, entertainment, insurance, shopping, travel.

The Difficulties in Teaching in Canada

January 26th, 2016 10:09 pm

One profession that is attuned to the continuous growth and development in the past few years is the field of education in Canada. As Canada continues as one of the more favored destinations for expats, the profession of teaching in Canada continues to grow together with the burgeoning economy.

The sheer size of Canada, together with the abundance of natural resources has made the country one of the richest in the world. The utilization of these resources properly by the Canadian authorities has increased the viability of the country as a destination and as a business address for many international entrepreneurs. Even in these bleak economic times, the Canadian economy has continued to flourish in both the short and medium term. This was illustrated in the Expat Forum in saying that “as a consequence, we are seeing more and more companies opening offices in Canada which is bringing more and more immigrants to the country, expanding the economy and diversifying the population as a whole.” Despite the continued growth, the demand for education varies differently amongst the states that comprise the country.

Becoming a teacher in Canada is a very arduous process and this is compounded by the difficulty of finding a permanent position, thus makes teaching in Canada not a viable profession. This is not quite a true assessment in some other areas of the country and teachers in some of the remote Canadian provinces are very much in demand. In fact, a post online stated that “unfortunately the situation is more difficult for expats looking at a teaching role in Canada and it could take some time before you are able to gain entry and then find a permanent position. ”

In general though, teaching in Canada is not one of the professions on the summary of skilled workers required in Canada. It is best that if you do apply for a skilled workers visa for teaching in Canada, there is a position available for you when you arrive in the country. This though has become a very difficult possibility for expat teachers to Canada. It is recommended that you apply for a visa the traditional way and find your way into the teaching profession when you have already reached Canada.

Upon settling as a permanent resident in the country, the best place to reach out to be able to find jobs teaching in Canada are by applying to the local teaching association in your province. This would be the first step in gaining accreditation in Canada. There your qualifications and credentials would be assessed and once granted accreditation you would be in line for a teaching position in the area where you have chosen to reside.

As previously discussed, each province would have differing climates for teachers in their school districts. One of the most bankable qualifications is having three years of experience in Canada before getting a permanent position in the profession. In the first few years though, you would be getting temporary positions and this would only help in improving your credentials for teaching in Canada.

There are many employment options for an individual immigrant with credentials. One of these is accepting an offer in one of the more remote areas of Canada. This may speed up in landing a permanent position in the Canadian teaching profession. Another option is being employed in the many private schools in Canada. These private schools though are much fewer than the number of state schools in the country. This may change though as the economy of Canada continues to flourish as the recession recedes.

Canada Permanent Residence Visa

January 26th, 2016 10:06 pm

Who is a Permanent Resident in Canada?

A permanent resident is a citizen of a different country, who has been given a permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada. A permanent resident is not a Canadian Citizen. A permanent resident must live in Canada for two years out of every five, or risk losing that status.

Canadian Permanent Residents

Every year, over 200,000 people are allowed to enter Canada as permanent residents. They complete an application process that provides them with an opportunity for a new life in Canada. Once approved to enter Canada as a permanent resident, an individual receives a Permanent Resident Card (formerly Landed Immigrant form) and enjoy almost all the same rights as citizens of Canada (with the exception of voting privileges and unlimited stays when travelling outside of Canada). The process of obtaining permanent residency in Canada is complex and tedious. It is also in a state of constant change due to different foreign policy initiatives and modifications to regulations.

Canada Green Card Evaluation

People outside Canada often refer to a Canada Immigration, also called as the Permanent Resident Visa as a Canada Green Card. General Immigration, Business Immigration, Family Sponsorship and Parental Sponsorship are four diverse sectors, an Immigration application form will be evaluated.

General Immigration

Also called as Express entry, this General Immigration form is provided for professionals and workers. Express Entry is a new way of managing application with Immigration Programs such as Federal Skilled Worker Program, Federal Skilled Trades Program, and Canada Experience Class. Provinces and territories will also be able to recruit candidates from the Express Entry pool for a portion of the Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs) in order to meet local labour market needs. Through Express Entry, people who meet the criteria for one of these programs will be placed into a pool of candidates. The Government of Canada, provincial and territorial governments, and Canadian employers will be able to select people from this pool.

Business Immigration

A Business Immigration form is provided for individuals with management experience, or for business owners who hold a high net worth. The Canada Business Immigration Program also seeks to develop new commercial opportunities and to improve access to growing foreign markets by welcoming people who are familiar with those markets and their special requirements and customs. Individuals with business/managerial experience and relatively high net-worth may apply for a Canada Immigration (Permanent Resident) Visa under the Canada Business Immigration Program in one of the following three sub-categories:

Entrepreneur Start-Up Visa Program – Start-Up Visa Entrepreneurs must secure funding and support from a designated Canadian investment organization. To do so, they must have a plan for a unique business that will be created in Canada.

Immigrant Investor Venture Capital Pilot Program – To qualify, investors are required to have a net worth of $10 million and make a non-guaranteed investment of $2 million over 15 years, to be invested in innovative Canadian-based start-ups with high growth potential.

Self-Employed People Program – To qualify as a self-employed person, an individual must be willing and able to support him/herself and any dependents with self-employed income as a farmer, athlete, or artisan.

Family Sponsorship/Parental Sponsorship

A family sponsorship form is provided to a Spouse or a Common Law Partner and/or Dependant Children. A Parental Sponsorship form is provided to Parents and Grandparents.

You can sponsor relatives or family members from abroad if they are:

· Spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older;

· Parents and grandparents;

· Dependent children, including adopted children;

· Children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;

· Brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans; under the age of 18 and not married or in a common-law relationship; or

· You may also sponsor one relative of any age if you do not have an aunt, uncle or family member from the list above who you could sponsor or who is already a Canadian citizen, Indian or permanent resident.

A son or daughter is dependent when the child:

· Is under the age of 22 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner;

· Is a full-time student and is substantially dependent on a parent for financial support since before the age of 22, or since becoming a spouse or common-law partner (if this happened before age 22); or

· Is financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 22 because of a disability.

Further, medical examinations, Police Certificates and Clearances are required to obtain the visa.

Grab the great opportunity to boost your carrier with permanently work and live in Abroad.

We are offering Permanent residence Visa for work and live in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Denmark for skilled professional.

Canadian Government is inviting skilled professional through express entry program.